Featured Post

The Biggest Turnout, Kuala Selangor

KR SUNDAY RIDE TO BUKIT ANTARABANGSA

 As usual, KR Sunday ride is divided into 3 categories, namely Hill Road, Rolling Road and Flat Road. So this week Sunday is Hill Road. What does hill road mean? Hill Road mean:

1) Constantly Climb for above 5km

2) Strava / Garmin elevation gain above 600meter.

3) Elevation Steep above 5%

Example of Hill Road are Genting Sempah, Fraser hill, Gohtong Jaya, Genting Perez, etc.

                  Illustration purposes only

This week menu I annouced quite late in group, due to overload job I have to handle, but I'm still have to allocate some time for my cycling activity and my KR members. 

Due to unfamiliar location, it take nearly 2 days for me to draw map at Google. Lucky Google map has image of road, so I manage to agak agak how the route will be. My criteria to plot road:
1) Road must not in highway
2) Minimise Main Road
3) Safe to all Riders.

After all plotting done... Last job need to do is Recce. Recce To comfirm route is rideable, safe and with distance I want. So, I ask my Wife, to join me recce road. She agreed but she never thought that road is so tough. After all confirmation, on 9.30am... I annouced in group, This week Sunday will be BUKIT ANTARABANGSA, start at Kepong.

I limit the riders to maximum of 9. I follow Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia SOP, Only 9 people are allow. Social Distance, Temperature check, is emphasized.

7am Start, I brief all my members about route today. "There is one part we need to carry bike, distance around 50meter, road is not rideable" brief me, they understood and ride begin. From Kepong to Genting Klang - Taman Melawati - Kemensah - Ukay Perdana - KLCC - Kepong.

Once we enter Taman Melawati, first hill Bukit Mas, riders still fresh, energetic, fun, and full power. Undoubtedly, they are Climbing Goat aka King of Mountain. Bukit Mas only mah.... Sap sap Sui lah...
I'm whisper myself, "nanti u all will cry".

After Bukit Mas, we will pass 1.2km flat road, the road is built with scenery environment, you will feel like you not at Malaysia. 1.2km flat is easy and pass very quickly. It ok... Still got interesting place. Next will be "Road connect to Heaven" why I say so? See image below
 
                             Scenic view 
( Can you see road)

Next will be kemensah. Kemensah is famous for two activities, ATV offroad vehicle and Lamb Grill dine on River.The stretch is around 3.5km, road condition So so but suit for road bike. The end of 3.5km is dead end. However, 50meter cross the dead end is ukay perdana home town. Therefore you have to carry bike to cross the road. Road condition does not allow bicycle to ride. However it does not deter us, we work as team, and made human staircase, to carry bike pass by pass. This is what we call teamwork, right KR team?


                ( Human Staircase )

Next station will be our main menu. This is where our hill road about. Located near to end of jalan rumah Club at ukay perdana. The place is built for runner and cyclist. But is not easy for roadie, due to 21% steep elevation. 

                                 Eugene 
                                 Alex Hong
                                 Chan Foo
                               Kar Wor

                        Alex, Mike & Kar Wor

No matter what elevation, what the distance is, as long as group ride happy, all will satisfy, this what group ride about. Thanks for coming, see you next week.

#kepongrider
#sundayride
#hillyride



Comments

  1. This looks like a great ride. Do you have the ride on strava, ride w/GPS, or mapmyride?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Kepong Rider(KR) Slide Show

Change image every 3 seconds:

1 / 5
KR Bukit Tinggi Colmar
2 / 5
KR KL Seremban Ride
3 / 5
KR Sekinchan Ride
4 / 5
KR Janda Baik Coffee Ride
5 / 5
KR Simpan Bike Gathering